Friday, December 02, 2011

Don't Worry

My brother, who has good opinions, and by his vocation and trade must advise people, says this. Most of the problems of most of the people can be handled by listening to the song “Don’t worry, be happy”. I agree, though at times it is hard to take that advice. Money problems? The old blues song says “If you lose your money, don’t you lose your mind.” Health problems? There are lots of people around me who keep on losing body parts, but keep on going. The main problem I have when I go to sleep each night, and lose control of my consciousness, is how evil I have been that day, and I hope it is not too much. But at that moment there is “quality time” with the Big Man, however each of us may think about him, and at that time I should discuss it with Him. Because maybe there is no tomorrow down here for me, or for you. You get the drift?

I could live in Poland, or under a bridge in Rome near the beggars’ burial ground. I could draw pictures in paper or scratch figures in sand. I have not figured it out, but do not know whether I am supposed to figure it out. Let us cling to the certainties we hold dear, and let the rest fall in the hands of providence.

No comments: